Back pain is a common issue that plagues many Australians. Up to 80% of us will experience back pain at some point in our lives, and 10% will experience significant disability as a result (reference).
Back pain often results in discomfort, disability, and absenteeism from the workplace, and can also affect your family and personal life. At Yarra Osteopathy, we offer effective back pain treatment to patients in Melbourne who are wanting to experience an improved quality of life.
Why do I have back pain?
- “I sit too long at my desk…”
- “I lift heavy things at work…”
- “I am pregnant…”
These are just a few of THE MANY causes
Osteopathy is a fabulous method of back pain treatment as we look at THE WHOLE BODY to determine the source of your problem, which can often be located far from the site of your pain. A great example of this is lumbar disc pain, which can be felt in the low back, buttocks, legs, and even feet!
At our South Yarra clinic in Melbourne, we see many patients who work in local businesses and inevitably sit all day. Ergonomic set-up and advice for work regarding movement and stretching therefore forms an important part of our ongoing management.
What will we do for you?
- Our assessment will determine the source of your problem/pain.
- Treatment will reduce your pain while treating the cause to prevent recurrence.
- We might also give you some stretching, ergonomic or general health advice to prevent recurrence.